- CGG, a geoscience leader operates in 50 locations worldwide
- To map the ocean floor, CGG uses survey vessels that tow oceanographic streamer cables covering 1 square km at a given time.
- Ships and other marine vessels cannot see the streamers as they are underwater at shallow depth and up to 6 km or more behind the towing vessel.
- Guardian helps CGG broadcast the continuously updated perimeter of the towed streamers using virtual AIS buoys, making them visible to other vessels operating in the vicinity.
- CGG uses this solution on all its 11 survey vessels.
- Ships and vessels within 20 nautical miles are now able to see the footprint of the towed streamers and avoid them.
- The solution helped enhance the safety of survey vessels and marine traffic.
- Damage to towed streamers by vessels has been eliminated.